Do you ever read something and it hits you right in your heart? That happens to me a lot. Especially when I hear it. Hearing words probably effects me more than reading words, but they both make a huge impact in my life. I try my best to communicate with my friends and family the right way. What's the right way? Using the right words with the right tone in the right situation. I think that's why I became obsessed with books and films. I would read sentences in books in different tones. I would rewind scenes in movies to make sure I didn't miss a word. Maybe that's why I'm into having the captions on. Yes, I'm that person who always has to have the captions on. I think my sister Eunice got me into that. Ever since I could remember, every time we had family movie nights, the captions were on. I don't like missing words from movies. I want to make sure I know exactly what's going on and how it's being played out. Same with books. I remember reading The Hunger Games and noticing that some of the chapters should've played out better in my head if I just took the time to slow down and really read. If you know what I mean. I'd like to say that I overanalyze whatever I'm reading or watching because I don't want to miss anything. I want to know every piece of the puzzle and just make sure.
When did 500 Days of Summer come out? I'm sure it was a long time ago, but that film was one of my favorites back in the day. What ruined the film was the amount of 17-year-old hipsters that would use certain quotes from it, post it on their Tumblr, and make it seem like they were going through what Summer and Tom were going through. It just got to the point where I feel like a lot of films like 500 Days of Summer were being tossed around way too much and not being viewed in the way that it should've. Same with books, but that's another topic I don't wanna get into. I just get mad at people easily who use things to make themselves look different and interesting.
This post is dedicated to all of the wonderful quotes that I've gathered from movies, songs, books, articles, anything that sounded cool. Anything that wow'd me.
- "Maybe my life hasn't been so chaotic. It's just the world that is, and the only real trap is getting attached to any of it."
- "I used to have this appetite for food, for my life, and it's just gone."
- "Just because she likes the same bizzaro crap you do doesn't mean she's your soul mate."
- "No one understands and appreciates the American Dream of hard work leading to material rewards better than a non-American."
- "Ok. I, like being on my own. I think relationships are messy and people's feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We're young, we live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world; might as well have fun while we can and, save the serious stuff for later."
- "A free man is somebody who wakes up & goes to sleep, & in between he does what he wants to do. I just want to enjoy every moment."
- "Can't stand the conviction in Romans so they sit down to be comforted in Psalms."
- "If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough."
- "Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road of transformation. You most always be prepared for endless waves of transformation."
- "One way or another, everyone goes down the aisle with half the story hidden."